194°F Fixed Mechanical Heat Detector BK-5604
System Sensor’s 5600 series mechanical heat detectors offer a low-cost means for property protection against fire, and for non-life-safety installations where smoke detectors are inappropriate.
Multiple configurations. The 5600 series offers a full-line of configurations to accommodate a broad range of applications. Both single- and dual-circuit models are offered, each available for low- and high-temperature ratings with either fixed temperature or combination fixed temperature/rate-of-rise (ROR) activation. The ROR element of the fixed/ROR models is restorable, to accommodate field-testing the unit.
Installation flexibility. To satisfy a variety of installations, the 5600 series easily mounts to single-gang and octagonal back boxes. These models also accommodate four-square back boxes, when used with a square to round plaster ring. The mounting bracket is reversible to allow for flush- and surface-mount back box installations.
Visual identification. The 5600 series provides clear markings on the exterior of the unit to ensure that the proper detector is being used. Alphanumeric characters identify the activation method, as well as the temperature rating, in degrees Fahrenheit and Celsius. Fixed temperature models are identified “FX”, while combination fixed/rate-of-rise units are marked “FX/ROR”. The 5600 series also provides a post-activation indicator in the form of a collector. Once the detector has been activated, the collector drops from the unit, to easily identify the specific unit in alarm.
- Multiple configurations available to satisfy a broad range of installations:
- Single- and dual-circuit models
- Fixed temp and combination fixed- temp/rate-of-rise
- 135ºF or 194ºF ratings.
- Plain housing available for residential installations (model 5601P)
- Easy to use terminal screws that provide a more positive wiring connection
- A broader range of back box mounting options:
- Single gang
- 3.5″ and 4″ Octagonal
- 4 square with square to round plaster ring
- Reversible mounting bracket for flush and surface mount installations